Hello and welcome to the community website for the Parish of Huish Champflower.
We thank you for visiting our website and if you would like to contribute, make any comment or suggestion we should welcome your feedback.
If you have any queries or questions, please Contact Us
Click on these links for information on local support:
Below is a listing of local food suppliers and other service providers (courtesy of Wivey Community Office).
If you have any additions to the above then please advise via this website.
How to avoid catching or spreading coronavirus
- wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
- always wash your hands when you get home or into work
- use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- put used tissues in the bin immediately and wash your hands afterwards
- try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
- do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
Stay at home if you have coronavirus symptoms
Stay at home for 7 days if you have either:
- a high temperature – you feel hot to touch on your chest or back
- a new, continuous cough – this means you’ve started coughing repeatedly
Do NOT go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital.
You do not need to contact 111 to tell them you’re staying at home.
Testing for coronavirus is NOT needed if you’re staying at home.
NHS advice on staying at home can be found here
Urgent advice: Use the NHS 111 online coronavirus service if:
- you feel you cannot cope with your symptoms at home
- your condition gets worse
- your symptoms do not get better after 7 days
A link to the NHS 111 service can be found here
Only call 111 if you cannot get help online.
Broadband Update – Technological (www.technological.co.uk) has received approval to extend their fibre network into Huish Champflower.
To make the network build financially viable our community needs to encourage as many residents and businesses to register with the company and also with the Rural Gigabit Voucher scheme, which provides £3,500 funding for a business connection and up to £1,500 for residential. If you run a business from home then you can register for both.
In the current circumstances we are unable to arrange a Parish meeting with Technological. However we do have a couple of flyers available providing a bit more information on service options and pricing – Skilgate Flyer Flyer Information v2
As further information becomes available we will make this available.
Road Closures – Please check travelsomerset.co.uk for information on roadworks/closures.
Reckless & Dangerous Driving Threatening Safety of Horse Riders – The Parish Council has received reports of a few recent incidents involving reckless and dangerous driving behaviour creating a very real danger to local residents as they ride their horses. A number of riders are now wearing bodycams to capture video evidence which will be reported to the Police.